Brief Family Assessment Measure-III brief-fam-iii
For: Multilevel (within family) assessment of family functioning
Reading Level: For 10 years & older, Self-report, family-completed
Format: Paper & pencil or Online
Length: Approx. 5-10 minutes per form (for Brief FAM)
Scoring: Hand Scored or Online (via MHS Online Assessment Centre)
Online Forms, Administrations and Reports
BRIEF FAM Dyadic Relationship online forms (each)
BRIEF FAM General Scales online forms (each)
BRIEF FAM Self-Rating online forms (each)
Kits (Physical and Online)
Brief-FAM Starter Kit
Paper Forms and Hand Scoring Materials
Brief-FAM Dyadic Relationship Scale Forms (25)
Brief-FAM General Scale Forms (25)
Brief-FAM Self-Rating Scale Forms (25)
The MHS Online Assessment Center offers access to online forms, administration scoring and report generation at a fraction of the cost of traditional pencil-and-paper or PC based software assessments.
If you choose to purchase online forms on the new MHS Online Assessment Center, you will:
- Save time, by never having to order paper forms again
- Enjoy the convenience of assessing tests from your home, your office, and anywhere on a computer with Internet connection
- Receive instantly generated reports
- Benefit from significant cost savings
View the list of tools and online forms available using the Online Assessment Center.
Harvey A. Skinner, Ph.D; Paul D. Steinhauser, M.D. & Jack Santa-Barbara, Ph.D
The FAM-III is unique in its ability to provide a multi-level (within family) assessment of family functioning across seven universal clinical parameters and two validity scales. The FAM-III's capacity for differentiation makes it suited for clinical assessment and monitoring response to treatment.
The Brief FAM is ideal for preliminary screening. It provides an overview of family functioning and may be administered and scored in 5 to 10 minutes.
Following its administration, families with high scores may be administered the FAM-III assessment to gain detailed information about weaknesses and strengths of particular area of functioning. It is also useful to monitor family functioning during the course of treatment. The Brief FAM assessment consists of the same three scales as the FAM-III, with each scale consisting of 14 items.
Based on the Process Model of Family Functioning, the Brief FAM may be completed by pre-adolescent, adolescent and adult family members.
It consists of three types of forms:
- General Scale - examines overall family health
- Dyadic Relationship Scale - examines how a family member views his or her relationship with another family member
- Self-Rating Scale - allows each person to rate his or her own functioning within the family
The Brief FAM is hand scored.
QuikScore forms are used for hand scoring. The client's responses are transferred through to a hidden scoring page where you are guided through simple calculations to obtain scores for profiling.
Two types of profiles are available:
1. the FAM-III ColorPlot of Family Perceptions is colour coded and present results in an easy-to-understand manner;
2. the Progress ColorPlot shows changes in family functioning over time.
(See FAM-III product page on this website for further information.)
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.