MHS Online Assessment Center
The MHS Online Assessment Center offers access to online forms, administration scoring, and report generation at a fraction of the cost of traditional paper or software assessments. If you choose to purchase online forms on the new MHS Online Assessment Center, you will:
- Save time, by never having to order paper forms again
- Enjoy the convenience of assessing tests from your home, office and anywhere with a computer and Internet connection
- Receive instantly generated reports
- Benefit from significant cost savings
View the list of tools and online forms available using the Online Assessment Center.
Harvey A. Skinner, Ph.D; Paul D. Steinhauser, M.D. & Jack Santa-Barbara, Ph.D
The FAM-III is unique in its ability to provide a multilevel (within family) assessment of family functioning across seven universal clinical parameters and two validity scales. The FAM-III's capacity for differentiation makes it suited for clinical assessment and monitoring response to treatment.
There is a Brief FAM is ideal for preliminary screening. It provides an overview of family functioning and may be administered and scored in 5 to 10 minutes.
Based on the Process Model of Family Functioning, the FAM-III can be completed by pre-adolescent, adolescent and adult family members.
It consists of three types of forms:
- 50-item General Scale - examines overall family health
- 42-item Dyadic Relationship Scale - examines how a family member views his or her relationship with another family member
- 42-item Self-Rating Scale - allows each person to rate his or her own functioning within the family
By comparing the three scales to each other, you obtain a rich picture of how family members view levels of family interaction.
The seven parameters are:
- Task Accomplishment
- Role Performance
- Social Desirability
- Affective Expression
- Values and Norms
The FAM-III may be hand scored. The client's responses are transferred through to a hidden scoring page where you are guided through simple calculations to obtain scores for profiling.
Two types of profiles are available:
- the FAM-III ColorPlot of Family Perceptions is colour coded and present results in an easy-to-understand manner;
- the Progress ColorPlot shows changes in family functioning over time.
With the release of the online version of the FAM-III, you can now assess online through a secure and easy to use website, the MHS Online Assessment Center. Administer, score, and generate reports quickly and efficiently.
View the online forms available using the MHS Online Assessment Center.
(See Brief FAM product page on this website for further information.)
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.