Jesness Inventory-Revised ji-r
For: A personality classification system for youths and adults aged 8 years+
Reading Level: Year 4
Format: Paper-and-Pencil; Online (via MHS Online Assessment Center+)
Length: 20-30 minutes
Scoring: Hand Scored; Online
Minimum order - 5 online reports
Online Forms, Administrations and Reports
Click to browse products
JI-R Online Report (each)
Carl F. Jesness, Ph.D.
The Jesness Inventory has long been recognised as a classic measure for assessing personality and delinquent profiles. Forty years of use has confirmed its utility to validly identify and understand youth and adults along multiple dimensions. JI-R is a re-standardised version of this tool with new norms based on large and diverse samples of approximately 3,500 general population individuals, and 1,000 offenders/delinquents.
The JI-R is an easy-to-understand 160-item true/false questionnaire. It is a tool that provides unique and powerful information about functioning across a variety of different areas. It has 11 personality subtype scales that measure key traits and attitudes. It also provides subtype evaluation with nine distinct subtype areas. The subtype system has received strong endorsement from psychologists, social workers and counsellors. The subtype system not only helps understand the individuals being assessed, but also leads to specific suggestions about treatment and risk.
The recent revision to Jesness Inventory was also used as an opportunity to introduce scales that relate directly to the relevant DSM diagnostic categories. Two scales have been introduced to represent Conduct Disorder and Oppositional Defiant Disorder. These new scales are fully normed, and add to the clinical diagnostic utility of the instrument. The JI-R also contains validity scales to assess potentially invalid response patterns. There is a Lie scale, as well as a Random Response scale that can be easily scored and interpreted when using the inventory.
The JI-R Manual describes the development of the scales’ new norms and validation and provides information on administration, usage and interpretation. Scoring time is greatly reduced using the JI-R Scoring Templates.
The JI-R was normed on 4,380 North American subjects – 3,421 non-delinquents and 959 delinquents.
Key Areas Measured
- Social Maladjustment
- Value Orientation
- Asocial Index
- Manifest Aggression
- Social Anxiety
- Unsocialised, Aggressive/Undersocialised, Active
- Unsocialised, Passive/Undersocialised, Active
- Immature Conformist/Conformist
- Cultural Conformist/Group-oriented
- Neurotic, Acting-out/Autonomy-oriented
- Neurotic, Anxious/Introspective
- Situational Emotional Reaction/Inhibited
- Cultural Identifier/Adaptive
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Random Response
CAARS: For use in Correctional Settings
The JI-R may be hand scored or administration, scoring and report generation may be completed online.
The JI-R is currently offered in online format for use with MHS Online Assessment Center+.
Two different reports are available:
- The Profile Report provides the JI-R classification, scores on the scales, a graphical display of results and a list of the subject’s responses.
- The Interpretive Report includes the information provided by Profile reports, as well as additional scale and JI-R classification details.
The MHS Online Assessment Center+ offers access to online forms, administration scoring and report generation at a fraction of the cost of traditional paper or software assessments. If you choose to purchase online reports on the MHS Online Assessment Center+, you will:
- Save time, by never having to order paper forms again
- Enjoy the convenience of assessing tests from your home, your office, and anywhere with a computer and internet connection
- Receive instantly generated reports
- Benefit from significant cost savings
View the list of online reports available in the MHS Online Assessment Center+.
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.