Profile of Mood States 2nd Edition poms-2
For: Assess the mood states of individuals ages 13 years and older.
Reading Level: 13-50+ (60+ norm group optional)
Format: Paper-and-Pencil; Online (via MHS Online Assessment Center+)
Length: Full-Length: 10-15 minutes; Short: 5-10 minutes
Scoring: Online only
Books / Workbooks
Online Forms, Administrations and Reports
POMS-2 Adult Online Report (each)
POMS-2 Adult Short Online Report (each)
POMS-2 Youth Online Report (each)
POMS-2 Youth Short Online Report (each)
Juvia P. Heuchert, Ph.D.; Douglas M. McNair, Ph.D.
The POMS 2 instruments assess the mood states of individuals 13 years of age and older. A revision of the Profile of Mood States, the self-report scales allow for the quick assessment of transient, fluctuating feelings, and enduring affect states. The tool is applicable in clinical, medical, research, and athletic settings, where its sensitivity to change makes the assessment ideal for treatment monitoring and evaluation, as well as clinical trials.
- Established clinical and research utility.
- Large normative samples representative of the U.S. population.
- Updated adult norms that include norm groups for 18-29, 30-49, & 50+, as well as the option of a 60+ norm group
- Includes a new youth version for individuals ages 13-17 years
- Full-length and short versions available to suit varying assessor
- Flexible administration options - online reports and paper forms
- Easy administration, scoring, and interpretation of results
The POMS 2 covers two age ranges: adults ages 18 years and older (POMS 2-A) and adolescents ages 13 to 17 years (POMS 2-Y). Both POMS 2 instruments are available as full-length and short versions, and may be administered using online or paper-and-pencil formats. All formats are scored online using the MHS Online Assessment Center+.
The MHS Online Assessment Center+ offers access to online forms, administration scoring and report generation at a fraction of the cost of traditional paper or software assessments. If you choose to purchase online reports on the MHS Online Assessment Center+, you will:
- Save time, by never having to order paper forms again
- Enjoy the convenience of assessing tests from your home, your office, and anywhere with a computer and internet connection
- Receive instantly generated reports
- Benefit from significant cost savings
View the list of online reports available in the MHS Online Assessment Center+.
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.