Profile of Mood States 2nd Edition poms-2
For: Assess the mood states of individuals ages 13 years and older.
Reading Level: 13-50+ (60+ norm group optional)
Format: Paper-and-Pencil (admin only); Online (admin & scoring via MHS Online Assessment Center)
Length: Full-Length: 10-15 minutes; Short: 5-10 minutes
Scoring: Online scoring only
POMS-2 Adult Form – Online (each)
POMS-2 Adult Short Form – Online (each)
POMS-2 Youth Form – Online (each)
POMS-2 Youth Short Form – Online (each)
Juvia P. Heuchert, Ph.D.; Douglas M. McNair, Ph.D.
The POMS 2 instruments assess the mood states of individuals 13 years of age and older. A revision of the Profile of Mood States, the self-report scales allow for the quick assessment of transient, fluctuating feelings, and enduring affect states. The tool is applicable in clinical, medical, research, and athletic settings, where its sensitivity to change makes the assessment ideal for treatment monitoring and evaluation, as well as clinical trials.
- Established clinical and research utility.
- Large normative samples representative of the U.S. population.
- Updated adult norms that include norm groups for 18-29, 30-49, & 50+, as well as the option of a 60+ norm group
- Includes a new youth version for individuals ages 13-17 years
- Full-length and short versions available to suit varying assessor
- Flexible administration options - online and paper forms
- Easy administration, scoring, and interpretation of results
The POMS 2 covers two age ranges: adults ages 18 years and older (POMS 2-A) and adolescents ages 13 to 17 years (POMS 2-Y). Both POMS 2 instruments are available as full-length and short versions, and may be administered using online or paper-and-pencil formats. All formats are scored online using the MHS Online Assessment Centre.
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.