Online Forms, Administrations and Reports
RCDS-2 Score Reports online (pkg/5)
RCDS-2 i-Admins (each) – Min 5; for online administration
RADS-2/RCDS-2 Combination Kit
RCDS-2 Introductory Kit
William M. Reynolds, PhD
Designed to screen for depression in children, the RCDS-2 provides school and mental health professionals with a straightforward, easily administered measure for the evaluation of the severity of children's depressive symptoms. The RCDS-2 retains the 30 items used in the original measure, but presents updated normative data. An expanded age range is also new to this edition, as the RCDS-2 is now appropriate for children in Grades 2 through to 6. No scoring key is needed-the RCDS-2 form is presented in a convenient carbonless form. All scoring and administration information is presented in the brightly-coloured Test Booklet.
Normative metrics have been updated in this edition. The Manual now includes T scores and percentile ranges for the total standardisation sample, by gender, by grade, and by gender for each grade. The revised Professional Manual provides extensive background information on the diagnosis and measurement of depression and provides insight into the research involved in updating this instrument. All items are worded in the present tense. To elicit current symptoms status, children are asked to answer questions about how they have been feeling during the past 2 weeks.
Reynolds Child Depression Scale -2nd Edition: Short Form
The RCDS-2 now offers a short form, which includes only 11 of the 30 items but features many of the critical items from the full version. The RCDS-2:SF is excellent for use when clinical time is limited or as a screening measure in large groups to determine if any examinees should be administered the full RCDS-2. The short form may be administered in just 2 to 3 minutes.
- The RCDS-2 provides easy scoring-the updated forms are all carbonless, allowing for quick hand scoring of the measure. Due to the brevity of both the RCDS-2 and RCDS-2:SF, only a total score is provided.
- The RCDS-2 maps on to the symptoms of depressive disorders outlined in the DSM-IV.
- A new standardisation sample of students drawn from 11 states is stratified to closely match U.S. Census data for gender and ethnic background. The new sample also included children in Grade 2.
- Critical items are clearly marked on the scoring sheet, alerting clinicians to individuals who may need immediate attention.
- All items are presented in a 4- or 5-point rating scale format, making them easy for children to answer.
- A clinical cut-off score helps you to determine whether a child should be referred for further assistance.
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log In to view ex-GST prices.