Test of Dyslexia [TOD]
Dyslexia is complex; Assessing for it doesn’t have to be
For Ages: Grade K through adulthood; 5 – 90 years
Administration Type: Parent/Carer, Teacher, Self
Administration Time: TBC
Format: Hand Scored; Online administration and scoring in WPS Online Evaluation System
Coming in Spring 2023 – available for pre-order
Click to browse products
TOD Combination Kit
TOD Comprehensive Kit
TOD Early Kit
TOD Screener Online Kit
TOD Screener Print Kit
Dyslexia is complex.
Assessing for it doesn’t have to be.
The Tests of Dyslexia (TOD™) is the first comprehensive assessment of dyslexia, eliminating the need to use tests from different assessments. Linking dyslexia assessment to targeted interventions has never been more efficient and effective.
Universal, group, or individual easy-to-use screener
- Administered online or on paper
- Helps with early identification
Use this brief assessment to determine an individual’s Dyslexia Risk Index (DIR) and need for further assessment.
TOD Rating Scales
Co-normed rating scales used to enhance the assessment process
TOD-E and TOD-C
TOD-Early and TOD-Comprehensive
Use the Early Dyslexia Diagnostic Index (EDDI) or the Dyslexia Diagnostic Index (DDI), TOD rating scales, and additional TOD diagnostic tests, if needed, to determine if the individual has dyslexia.
Dyslexia Interventions and Recommendations:
A Companion Guide to the Tests of Dyslexia (TOD)
Use results from TOD-S and TOD-E or TOD-C to design a tailored intervention plan.
Assessment areas covered
- Phonological Awareness
- Phonics Knowledge
- Rapid Automatized Naming
- Letter and Word Recognition
- Sight Word Acquisition
- Real Words
- Nonsense Words
- Vocabulary Knowledge
- Reading Comprehension & Efficiency
- Reading Fluency
- Basic Reading Skills
- Listening Comprehension
- Orthographic Processing
- Auditory Working Memory
- Visual–Verbal Paired-Associate Learning
- TOD is the first comprehensive dyslexia assessment to include interventions tied to the assessment data.
Suitable for all ages, the TOD offers age and grade-based tests, indexes, and composite scores:
- TOD-Early (Grades K–2; 5 years, 0 months–9 years, 3 months) and TOD-Comprehensive (Grade 1 through adulthood; 6 years, 0 months–89 years, 11 months)
- The screener provides a Dyslexia Risk Index score in 10-15 minutes.
- This brief assessment can be given individually or in a group format by teachers or other professionals.
- The TOD includes:
- a detailed and evidence-based Dyslexia Interventions and Recommendations Companion Guide.
- co-normed rating scales.
- tests of reasoning for comparison with reading and spelling.
- The TOD allows for:
- identification and targeting of an individual’s difficulties in acquiring literacy skills.
- universal application regardless of district Specific Learning Disability (SLD) model.
- individually tailored evaluation with standalone tests.