Irving B. Weiner, PhD, PAR Staff
The unlimited-use RIAP5 FE is an addition to the Rorschach Interpretation Assistance Program: Version 5 (RIAP5). The RIAP5 provides both an Interpretive Report and a Client Report. The RIAP5 FE adds a considerable amount of flexibility by providing a specialised Forensic Report. This report is not intended to replace the basic RIAP5 Interpretive Report. Clinicians are advised to draw on both the Interpretive Report and the Forensic Report to arrive at their conclusions.
The Forensic Report is focused on the forensic issues of criminal responsibility and competency to stand trial, personal injury, and parental fitness/child custody. The three types of Forensic Reports are: Criminal Case Issues, Personal Injury Case Issues, and Family Law Case Issues. Each report begins with a section on validity and malingering. The software allows clinicians to select which sections of the Forensic Report to include for a specific individual.
This software was developed to assist clinicians in using the Rorschach when conducting specific types of forensic evaluations, including:
Criminal Case Issues
- Competency to stand trial.
- Sanity at the time of an alleged offense.
- Advisability of probation or parole (including consideration of dangerousness, suicide risk, and amenability to treatment).
Personal Injury Case Issues
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and other anxiety disturbances.
- Affective and cognitive features of depression.
- Psychotic loss of contact with reality.
Family Law Case Issues
- Effective parenting with regard to psychological disturbance, coping skills, and interpersonal accessibility.
In addition to the Forensic Report, the RIAP5 FE also includes a reference list that allows clinicians to review a selected category of references organised according to forensic issues. Clinicians may print out specific sections of the reference list in order to help them further evaluate the applicability of their findings and to prepare testimony based in part on the Rorschach data. The reference list primarily includes articles and chapters focusing on the Rorschach Inkblot Method, but additional references regarding basic forensic psychology issues are listed.
- Basic considerations
- Child and adolescent assessment
- Criticisms and rebuttals
- Cross cultural applications
- Diagnostic correlates
- Trauma and abuse
- Forensic applications
- Normative data
- Research methodology
- Treatment planning and outcome assessment
- Usage and acceptability
- Violence and aggression
Note: Current RIAP5 FE users are able to download a patch from www.parinc.com to add the updated reference list to their program.
- The RIAP5 FE Forensic Report was written by leading Rorschach scholar, Irving B. Weiner, PhD. He has published extensively on the use of the Rorschach in forensic assessments.
- The software includes a categorised, on-screen reference list.
- Rorschach Response Recording Forms facilitate and document Rorschach responses.
- The RIAP5 FE includes unlimited-use software on CD-ROM, on-screen Software Manual, and RIAP5 FE Manual Supplement.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Other virtual machine solutions (e.g., Parallels, VMWare) are not supported.
NTFS file system; 15-30MB hard drive space; CD-ROM drive for installation; Internet connection or telephone for software activation.
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.