C. Keith Conners, PhD
The Conners Continuous Performance Test 3rd Edition (Conners CPT 3) is a task-oriented computerised assessment of attention-related problems in individuals aged 8 years and older. By indexing the respondent's performance in areas of inattentiveness, impulsivity, sustained attention, and vigilance, the Conners CPT 3 may be useful to the process of diagnosing Attention-Deficit/Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) and other neurological conditions related to attention. The Conners CPT 3 provides objective information about an individual's performance in attention tasks, complementing information obtained from rating scales such as the Conners 3.
The Conners CPT 3 may be used in conjunction with the Conners Continuous Auditory Test of Attention (Conners CATA) which assesses auditory processing and attention-related problems in individuals aged 8 years and older. The Conners CPT 3 may be purchased as an individual test or as a combo with the Conners CATA.
New to CPT 3
- Revised paradigm: New ratio of non-targets (the letter X) to targets (all other letters) to improve the test's sensitivity to impulsivity problems.
- New and updated normative data.
- Consists of 1400 cases representative of the latest United States (U.S.) population census.
- Normative samples normed on a variety of computer models and operating systems.
- Enhanced look and feel of the program designed to reduce glare and reflection on computer or laptop monitors.
New Scores and Score Dimensions of Attention Measured:
- Sustained Attention
- Vigilance (new)
- New age range: Age 8+ years
- New easy to understand clinical likelihood statements are based on T-scores and displayed as very high, high, moderate or minimal.
How to Use the Assessment
During the 14-minute, 360-trial administration, respondents are required to push the space bar when any letter, except "X" appears. The Conners CPT 3 is available as an unlimited use program. The number of computers that may use the program is limited to the number of installations purchased.
The following reports are available:
- Conners CPT-3 Assessment Report
- Conners CPT-3 Progress Report
A copy of a sample report is available by contacting PAA.
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.