Susan Edwards, Carolyn Letters and Indra Sinka
The New Reynell Developmental Language Scales (NRDLS), Based on the Third (University of Reading) Edition.
A new fourth edition of the widely-used assessment for identifying speech and language delays and impairments in very young children. For ages 2 to 7.5 years.
The New Reynell Developmental Language Scales have been revised, improved and newly standardised on more than 1,200 children in the UK.
This fourth edition retains a mix of play-based activities with a range of stimulus materials which includes a trio of appealing characters that children can handle and ‘direct' as they carry out many of the assessment tasks.
Attractive, full colour illustrations add to the appeal of the NRDLS and a new Multilingual Toolkit Manual gives guidance on how to adapt and use NRDLS with children for whom English is an additional language.
The NRDLS complete set contains:
- Test manual
- Multilingual Toolkit Manual
- Picture Book 1- Comprehension
- Picture Book 2 - Production
- Stimulus materials
- 25 Record forms
The New Reynell Developmental Language Scales (NRDLS)
- Speech and language therapists provide assessment and intervention to children with a range of speech and language delays and impairments. It is crucial that appropriate tools for assessment are available to help identify where problems occur and to guide early intervention.
- Equally, it is more important than ever that the impact of such intervention is measured over time.
- This fourth edition of the Reynell Developmental Language Scales (NRDLS) is up to date in terms of both good practice and the latest research.
Features and benefits of NRDLS
- Assessment content has been revised in line with feedback from users.
- Refinement of stimulus items makes NRDLS quicker and more straight-forward to administer.
- The play-based format has been retained with appealing and engaging stimulus material, including the characters of monkey, teddy and rabbit.
- NRDLS features a variety of test procedures to keep children's attention.
- Full colour illustrations are presented in an easy-to-use easel format.
- Tests both production and understanding of language - abilities that are key to child development.
- The Comprehension Scale and the Production Scale have been more closely aligned for easier comparison of the two skill sets.
- Clear and concise assessment Manual with information on what is tested and why.
- Based on new and important research on child language acquisition and indicators of language impairment.
- UK standardisation on a sample of 1,200 children with additional information and case studies.
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.