Hand Scoring Materials
PDS (Paulhus) Forms (25)
PDS Form – Online (each)
PDS (Paulhus) Complete Kit
The MHS Online Assessment Center offers access to online forms, administration scoring, and report generation at a fraction of the cost of traditional paper or software assessments. If you choose to purchase online forms on the new MHS Online Assessment Center, you will:
- Save time, by never having to order paper forms again
- Enjoy the convenience of assessing tests from your home, office and anywhere with a computer with Internet connection
- Receive instantly generated reports
- Benefit from significant cost savings
- View the list of tools and online forms available using the Online Assessment Center.
Delroy L. Paulhus
The PDS (formerly known as the Balanced Inventory of Desirable Responding - BIDR) is a 40 item self-report inventory using a 5 point Likert scale that measures an individual's tendency to give socially desirable responses on self-report instruments. Two principal and relatively independent subscales are reported - Self-Deceptive Enhancement (SDE) - the tendency to give honest but inflated self-descriptions and Impression Management (IM) - the tendency to give inflated self-descriptions.
The PDS may be used in a wide variety of situations where psychologists wish to assess socially desirable responding either as a response set (related to situtational demands) and/or a response style (a more stable, trait-like tendency). These situations include Human Resource settings (eg: recruitment testing), Forensic settings (eg: with sex offenders), Clinical settings (eg: personality variables) and Research. It is usually given concurrently with other instruments.
- Identifies two factors of desirable responding.
- Short administration time.
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.