Computer Scoring Materials
VSVT Software Program-CD-ROM
Daniel Slick, PhD, Grace Hopp, MA, Esther Strauss, PhD, Garrie B. Thompson, PhD
Suitable for use in both outpatient and inpatient settings, the VSVT is a computerised test that uses a forced-choice (two-alternative) model to assess possible exaggeration or feigning of cognitive impairments.
- The VSVT unlimited-use software administers the test, calculates all scores, and produces a 6-page report of the test results.
- Large, full-page graphs of your client's VSVT performance, as well as graphs of the performance of relevant comparison groups, may be easily viewed or printed for display.
- The 48 VSVT items are presented in three blocks of 16 items each; items are classified as either Easy or Difficult, depending on whether the study number and the foil share any common digits.
- The Total Items Correct score is used to classify a respondent's performance; the type and number of items answered correctly, the response latency, and the right-left preference provide information that may also be used to help interpret VSVT performance.
- Test interpretation compares the respondent's performance to what is expected to occur on the basis of chance alone; this binomial-based approach to respondent classification minimises the risk of false positives.
- Results confirm the clinical and forensic utility of the VSVT for identifying respondents who are attempting to exaggerate or feign cognitive impairments.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10.
NTFS file system; CD-ROM drive for installation; Internet connection or telephone for software activation
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.