Kits (Physical and Online)
WSA Introductory Kit
Melissa A. Messer, MHS and Heather Ureksoy, PhD
The WSA assesses a person’s work-related personality traits—the traits that are related to effective job performance.
Features and Benefits
- Helps individuals gain a better understanding of their personal work preferences and how they approach a variety of situations in the workplace, allowing them to identify potentially satisfying occupations and providing the foundation for work with a career counsellor.
- Aids hiring managers in identifying the working styles they value in employees and selecting applicants based on the degree to which they possess those working styles.
- Guides developmental discussions between a manager and an employee who may be struggling in a certain area of their job by highlighting the employee’s strengths and weaknesses.
- The Assessment Booklet includes 14 agree-or-disagree statements for each of the 18 constructs measured. The User’s Workbook helps examinees organise their results, generate a list of their own top ten working styles, and match those styles to potential occupations. A “Next Steps” section and a resource section provides further help with the career exploration process.
- For the counsellor or HR professional, the Score Summary Sheet provides a fast way to score and organise the working styles of a client or job seeker.
- A Fast Guide is included with your purchase of the Professional Manual.
- Standardisation sample consisted of 739 individuals ages 17 to 70 years; the sample was closely matched to the U.S. population according to gender, race/ethnicity, and education level.
- Internal consistency coefficients were generally high, ranging from .61 to .92 across all age groups; test-retest reliability ranged from .71 to .88. High inter-scorer agreement was found.
- Face validity was strong, and intercorrelations were strong between constructs within each category (i.e., drive, interpersonal skill, adjustment, responsibility, and problem-solving skill).
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.