BRIEF Software Portfolio - Preschool Module brief-p-sp
For: Provides unlimited scoring and report generation for the BRIEF-P Form exclusively.
Age range: 2 years to 5 years, 11 months
Reading Level: Preschool - Child
Format: Paper and Pencil, PC Based Software
Scoring: Computer Scored
Peter K. Isquith, PhD, Gerard A. Gioia, PhD, and PAR Staff
The BRIEF Software Portfolio-Preschool Module (BRIEF-P SP) is used to score and generate Interpretive, Feedback and Protocol Summary Reports for the Behaviour Rating Inventory of Executive Function-Preschool Version (BRIEF-P) exclusively. After the clinician's entry of an individual's item or scale raw scores, the PC based software program generates normative scores for Interpretive Reports, Feedback Reports and Protocol Summary Reports. Program functionality includes navigation tools (e.g., menu system, QuikStart dialog box, Toolbar, Status Bar), file handling and report editing.
The BRIEF-P SP file handling system allows the user to create a client file where all protocols and report files for that client are managed. Each client file contains all demographic information for that individual. Once a client file has been established, this information will be shared by all protocols and reports that are generated for that individual. As a BRIEF-P SP user, you will receive information from PAR whenever an upgrade becomes available.
- Generates profile graphs with the ability to overlay up to four profiles from prior administrations for the same client.
- Generates Interpretive Reports, Feedback Reports and Protocol Summary Reports of BRIEF-P results.
Includes built-in, easy-to-use report editing features.
- Exports client data to many spreadsheet and database programs.
- Exports client reports to common word processing programs.
- Includes an optional password feature to ensure the privacy and security of client data.
Components of the BRIEF-P SP
The components of the BRIEF-P SP include a CD-ROM containing the BRIEF-P SP software to install on your hard drive, a Quick Start Guide and an on-screen Software Manual.
The BRIEF-P SP Interpretive Report provides a Score Summary Table with T scores, percentiles, and 90% confidence intervals based on age and gender. The report also provides a Profile Graph of T scores for all scales, indexes and the composite. Interpretive text for the composite (i.e., Global Executive Composite), the three indexes (i.e., Inhibitory Self-Control, Flexibility, Emergent Metacognition), the five clinical scales, and the two validity scales (i.e., Negativity, Inconsistency) are included. More than 100 support and intervention recommendations are included based on noted executive function difficulties. The Feedback Report provides a basic overview of the client's BRIEF-P test results. It is written with the client's family, teacher, and/or care provider in mind.
The Protocol Summary Report allows the clinician to select up to four administrations of the BRIEF-P, by different respondents or time points, for comparison. It presents T scores, item responses, and graphical presentation of BRIEF-P profiles for comparison over time between respondents or both.
- Powerful scoring and interpretive logic generates T-score profiles and incorporates interpretation of the five clinical scales and two validity scales within the context of the three indexes -Inhibitory Self-Control, Flexibility, and Emergent Metacognition - along with the overarching Global Executive Composite.
- Unlimited scoring and report generation for the BRIEF-P after manual entry of an individual's item responses or scale raw scores from the paper-and-pencil form.
- Reports may be edited easily on-screen to incorporate additional clinical information and edit interpretive statements. Recommended intervention strategies that target the specific needs or special circumstances of the individual may be edited easily on-screen.
- The comprehensive Interpretive Report saves valuable clinician report-writing time and provides useful documentation to assist in educational, rehabilitative and therapeutic planning for pre-schoolers who have executive function difficulties.
- User-friendly system functionality includes program navigation tools, file handling, report editing, Tooltips and data export (for research applications).
Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10.
Other virtual machine solutions (e.g., Parallels, VMWare) are not supported.
Prerequisites: NTFS file system; CD-ROM drive for installation; Internet connection or telephone for activation and counter update; Internet Explorer 8 or higher
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.