Michelle R. Widows, PhD, Glenn P. Smith, PhD, and PAR Staff
The SIMS-SP is used to score and interpret the Structured Inventory of Malingered Symptomatology (SIMS). The PC based software provides an Interpretive Report based on either an on-screen administration of the SIMS or hand entry of an individual's item responses or scale raw scores (entered by the clinician). Program functionality includes navigation tools (e.g. menu system, Quickstart dialog box, Toolbar, Status Bar), file handling and report editing.
On-screen administration of the SIMS-SP is simple and convenient. Step-by-step instructions guide the respondent through the entire process. The software also provides the option for the respondent to view and/or hear the instructions as well as each of the 75 items.
Special Features of the SIMS-SP
- Provides an overall score (i.e. SIMS Total score) for likely feigning, along with scale scores within five domains: Psychosis (P), Neurologic Impairment (NI), Amnestic Disorders (AM), Low Intelligence (LI), and Affective Disorders (AF).
- Interpretive report provides profile of the SIMS Total score as well as the five scale scores.
- Interpretive text discusses the likelihood of feigning based on the SIMS Total score and the scale scores, with recommendation for further evaluation of feigning/malingering.
- Provides visual and/or audible on-screen administration for clients who may have reading difficulties.
- Includes built-in, easy-to-use report editing features and an optional password feature to ensure the privacy and security of client data during on-screen administration and for general security of data.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
Other virtual machine solutions (e.g., Parallels, VMWare) are not supported.
NTFS file system; CD-ROM drive for installation; Internet connection or telephone for software activation and counter update.
NB: Prices are in Australian dollars inclusive of GST. NZ customers need to log in to view ex-GST prices.